Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I like car rides


We have found that Cinnamon is extremely found of car rides. Is that true of most dogs? Maybe it is, but it is sort of foreign to me because I have had mostly cats all my life...and we all know how most cats feel about the car!!

So this truth was solidified in my mind when I took Cinnamon out to potty the other day. I don't know why I did this, but right at our front door I took her leash off to let her roam free. To my surprise she bolted down the path heading for the parking lot....oh dear....what did I do!

I jogged on the path after her, worried that she would run into the street and get hit by a car. But when I rounded the corner and looked out into the lot, she was nowhere to be seen. I know dogs can get fast...but I know my dog and she is not that fast...is she?

My eyes canvased the lot and then spotted a golden cinnamon colored mass next to our car. It was her. Sitting by the passenger side where we always put her in, waiting patiently for her ride!!! What a dog! I could not stop laughing. For one, she just looked up at me with her big eyes - so excited and ready for a car ride. But what really made me laugh was the fact that she knew exactly which car was ours and where she needed to go to get the car ride that she wanted!! It made me lover her that much more.

Every day she surprises me with things like this that prove just how wonderful a dog she is.

Love you always girl.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment