Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lazy Day


Today was a lazy day for the Corley family. We were supposed to set our clocks ahead an hour – Spring Forward and all – but we forgot. I felt kind of bad that we had slept through church, but I felt even worse when I changed the time on my clock from 11:00 to noon….meaning it was lunch time and I was just rolling out of bed. Oh well, everyone needs one of those lazy days every once and a while. It is good for the soul.
Of course, Cinnamon's morning started bright and early at 7am like usual. Mike was sleeping soundly, so I took her out in the morning. Apparently she had to go back out at 10:30 (or I guess it was 11:30) when Mike got up. Too much water I guess.

So we spent most of the day napping and lounging in our sweatpants. Ahh the life!

Brandon and Becs stopped by today with baby Bella. It was good to see them…but what was even better was seeing Cinnamon’s first interaction with a baby – and baby Bella’s first experience with a dog. They were both so wide eyed and curious of the other. I can only imagine the thoughts that both of them were having. In any case, you could tell that both of them were happy. Bella was bouncing and cooing with excitement, trying whenever she could to reach out for the new four legged creature. Cinnamon was reciprocating the enthusiasm with the wag of her tail. After a while though, like the old lady she is, she just laid on the flore and wait for the new creature to leave so she could nap.

And nap she did – for the rest of the day until around 6:00 or so, Cinnamon got a burst of energy. She was trotting around the living room like she does – announcing that she is ready to play. So like any good mom I got on the floor with her. Mike was up on the couch reading his book and I could see him watching us and smiling. We played ball for a long time. She doesn’t normally play that long, but she did tonight.

We could tell that she was getting tired because she started breathing really hard. It was a good pant though. I thought she was done playing so I sat back on my rear and crossed my legs. Cinnamon came over to me and did the funniest thing. She laid down right in front of me and then plopped her head in my lap. She has never done that before. It was so cute! I put my face down in her fur and blew in her ears and kissed all over her cheeks. She rolled with delight and snuggled even closer to me.

This is our dog. She does normal and extraordinary things every day. I cant wait till tomorrow.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment