Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Funny Bedtime Routine


Last night Cinnamon fell asleep out in the living room, and she looked so peaceful sleeping out there that I didn’t want to wake her. I went and took a shower and when I came back out I thought she would still be sleeping on her bed...but she wasn’t there. I thought she must have moved into the bedroom while I was showering, but she was not on her bed in the bedroom either. Where was she??
I walked back out to the living room and she was trotting circles around the table, looking like a lost child at the supermarket. She was wondering where everyone had gone and had the most confused look on her face. Poor girl. I motioned with my hand for her to come with me into the bedroom (she is really good at knowing what that hand motion means - even in the dark) and she pranced past me toward the end of the bed. But she didn’t get into her bed. She stopped just before it and looked at me. Mike was sleeping, so I whispered “go get in your bed honeybun.” She did not turn to go in her bed though. Instead she scooted past me and went back into the living room. What was she doing? I walked around the corner and saw exactly what she was doing – she was going to her bed like I had asked…only she went back out to her living room bed!! She is so funny. I waived my arm again and said that she was a silly girl and she needed to come to her other bed. Geeze – We humans are totally confusing!!
Finally she made it to her bed, the one in the bedroom and plopped down hard, as if to say – HERE. I AM HERE. HAPPY?
As I nestled under the covers I heard her get up one more time. She circled 3 or 4 times, found just the right spot and with a huff found the perfect sleep spot.
What a time! I will certainly try to make tonight’s bedtime routine much easier.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment