Sunday, February 28, 2010

Apache Prayer

Yesterday we received a letter in the mail from the at home vet.
They wrote that they are sorry for our loss of Cinnamon, and its always hard to read these cards but one thing they said was that she was a 'silky soft gorgeous dog' and we liked that a lot.
She is gorgeous, everyone always would say things like that when we were out on walks or at the dog park, she kept her coat very clean.

The letter also had a Apache prayer in it which we both liked reading, it was as follows:

Do not stand by my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am a diamond glint of snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awake in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starshine at night.
Do not stand by my grave and cry.
I am not there . . . I did not die.




No comments:

Post a Comment